With cost of living pressures rising and rising in Adelaide, it’s good to know there are still ways that you can grab a bargain and reduce your expenses. Consider second-hand fridges in Adelaide rather than brand new fridges when you’re next in the market for one.
This blog will look at why buying a second-hand fridge for your Adelaide home can make sense. Plus, we’ll let you know where to grab a bargain!
4 benefits of buying second-hand fridges
- First and foremost, of course, is the cost of second-hand fridges. Prices are generally much cheaper and potentially you could save many hundreds of dollars by choosing second hand over brand new. This benefit does come with a caution, however, to do your research, have a reasonable idea of how much you should be paying, and use a reputable second-hand fridge supplier.
- Second-hand doesn’t mean second best or second rate if you buy smartly. For example, you may be able to purchase a better quality fridge than you otherwise could afford by buying second-hand. By buying a better quality fridge, it’s likely to last longer and therefore save you even more money. Alternatively, you may be able to afford a second hand fridge with the features, size or other specifications that you’re looking for.
- We’re all aware of the need to make environmentally-conscious decisions and buying second-hand fridges for your Adelaide home is certainly that. By buying a used fridge, you’ll be helping to keep white goods out of landfill for longer.
- There is often nothing at all wrong with second-hand fridges available in Adelaide. Some people sell or trade-in their old fridge because it doesn’t fit in their new house or newly renovated kitchen. Others simply must have the newest, shiniest and latest of everything and changeover their fridges regularly for no other reason. That’s OK – their loss can be your gain!
Looking for a reputable supplier for a second-hand fridge?
The biggest potential negative in buying second-hand fridges in Adelaide – as we’ve briefly mentioned above – is not doing your research and not using a reputable supplier. Because if you get it wrong, you may end up with a fridge without a warranty that goes on the blink in a matter of months. And you could end up out of pocket.
What will a reputable supplier provide you? In a nutshell, peace of mind. At the very least your second-hand fridge will have been checked over thoroughly. Good suppliers will also carry out a refurbishment. Plus, in some cases, your second-hand fridge can come with a warranty.
Know what to look for when buying second-hand appliances
Check the Temperature Controls
When you’re buying a second-hand fridge, it’s important to check the temperature controls. After all, you don’t want your food to go bad! Here’s a quick guide on what to look for:
1. The first thing you’ll want to do is make sure the fridge is turned on.
2. Then, set the thermostat to the coldest setting and see how long it takes for the fridge to cool down. Once it’s cooled down, open the door and feel the inside of the fridge.
Don’t be afraid to ask questions when you visit a dealer. Have your second-hand fridges been checked over? Are they refurbished? Do they come with a warranty? If you’re not happy with the answers, walk away.
Our second-hand fridges are refurbished
Warradale Appliance Service is well-known for repairing white goods, such as fridges, but we also sell second-hand items. We don’t just check over the used items we sell, we give them a complete refurbishment before we put them on the market. Plus, many of our fridges come with a warranty.
So, if you live in the Adelaide area and are in the market for a fridge, visit us before you buy. You could save hundreds!
These are already gone!
By the time you view these images, the fridge has probably already been sold. If you are interested in a second-hand fridge, we strongly suggest you call into our Warradale Service Centre and see wat we have on hand.