Say hello to your new second-hand washing machine
A few weeks ago we published a blog on All you need to know about washing machine repairs.
In that blog we highlighted that in many cases, it’s worth getting a washing machine repaired rather than buy a new machine.
But what if the repairs aren’t feasible or your machine is old and not worth repairing, and you don’t have the money to invest in a new machine? Well, a second-hand washing machine might be just what you need.
Advantages of buying a second-hand washing machine
There are several advantages of buying a second hand washing machine and here are the main ones:
- Save Money!
The main reason for most people to buy a 2nd hand washing machine is that if you do a little research you can save lots of money. In fact, you can save hundreds of dollars. Pretty handy with Christmas just around the corner!
- Environmentally Sensible
Like anything that you buy second hand, or repurpose, you’re potentially saving an item from going to landfill, which is good for the environment.
- 3 Month warranty
If you purchase a second-hand washing machine from Warradale Appliance Service, it’s been:
- carefully checked
- suspect components replaced and
- fully refurbished and tested
- and comes with a 3 month warranty.
Second-hand washing machines – What to look out for
Of course, buying second hand can also come with risks. Here are a few of those risks, including, where possible, ways to mitigate the chances of something going wrong:
Buy from a reputable reseller
If you purchase a second hand washing machine from an individual, for example from an online advertising service, you can’t be sure of the history of the machine and likely have no recourse if something goes wrong.
The machine may not be old, for example, but may have been regularly overloaded or not maintained correctly. Buying from a reputable dealer reduces this risk.
Which brand is best when buying second hand ?
- Be brand conscious when it comes to second hand washing machines. Here at Warradale Appliance Service, we find that Whirlpool, LG and Samsung are the most reliable brands when it comes to washing machines. They’re not the most expensive brands, but in general they do require less servicing and have less issues.
- How much live is left in the washing machine?
- On average, a washing machine lasts around 11 years, so keep this in mind when looking a second hand machines.
- Know roughly what you should pay. A second hand washing machine won’t be a bargain if you pay over the odds.
Buy the right washing machine for you
Also remember, whether you’re buying a new or a second hand washing machine, consider the capacity that you’ll need.
For couples, a 3 kg washing machine may be fine, but for a family, you’re likely to need something around the 7 to 9 kg range.
The last thing you want to be doing is overloading your washing machine regularly, otherwise it too will soon have issues.
We sell second hand washing machines too
As well as servicing and repairing washing machines, fridges, freezers and dryers, Warradale Appliance Service also sells second-hand white goods, including washing machines.
All our second-hand goods we sell are refurbished and we generally have a good range on hand. Most items include a warranty, so you’ll have peace of mind in the unlikely event that anything does go wrong.
See below for some examples of second-hand washing machines that we have in stock at the time of publishing. Of course, when you read this we may have other machines in stock, so probably the best thing to do is either:
- ring us on 8296 3136 and ask Russel or John what we have in stock at the moment or
- Pop into our store at 253 Diagonal Road, Warradale and see our entire range in person.